Ask your doctor
- What is this medication? What is its name?
- What is the dosage?
- How often should I take this medication? What should I do if I miss a dose?
- Are there any side effects? What should I do if I experience them?
- Should I avoid any foods or other medications while taking this prescription?
- Should I stay out of the sun while taking this medication?
- What is the proper way to store this medication?
- Does the medication interact with any foods, alcohol, other medications (including over-the-counter medications), or activities?
- Inform the Doctor of any and all other medication you are taking and whether you have any allergies or pre-existing medical conditions
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Do not discontinue medicines without the advice of your doctor
Safe Practices : at Home
- Make a list of medications you are taking now. Include the dose, how often you take them. This would help avoid confusion and prevent overdose.
- Always check the name of the medicine and its expiry date before taking it.
- Keep medications in their original containers. Many pills look alike, so by keeping them in their original containers, you will know which is which and how to take them.
- Don’t store medications in direct sunlight. Humidity, heat and light can affect medications’ potency and safety.
- Store medications where children can’t see or reach them, for example, in a locked box or cabinet.
Contact your Doctor in case you experience adverse effects